Archive for the ‘Destinations’ Category
Loads of fun is waiting for you in the Hawaii beaches. If you have planned to visit these pacific islands this summer with friends, then you are on the right track. Usually, these beach trips are perfect for families and kids who love to spend time by the beaches making small sand castles with their little spades and buckets. If you are adventurous and think that this summer will be the right time to explore the best of sea-surfing and experiencing the mouth watery sea-foods, then also Hawaii is the right destination to spend quality time with your loved ones.
Are you planning a vacation in the beaches but don’t have enough budget? Then do not despair, as you can have a nice vacation without spending too much money. All you need to do is some proper planning before choosing the destination which suits your preference. You can go for vacationing with your friends or your family, the choice of destination will depend on the company. Here are some ideas which will help you in having the best beach vacations in the world at an affordable rate. Read on to check out the ideas.
Ideas for the Best Affordable Beach Vacations
Let’s have a look at some cool ideas which will make your next beach vacation an affordable one.
1) Compare the prices of travel agencies
There are many online travel agencies which offer deals on hotels, air fares, rental cars, etc. It is better to make a comparison of the different agencies before making your final booking. Online agencies like Expedia, HotWire, etc provide great package deals for full vacation, which can save you some money.
Florida has the best beaches in United States with numerous attractions for the tourists. They have shining waters and also white sands where everyone can relax and enjoy time to the fullest. With island getaways and also beautiful shores ideal for sand castle building, beaches in Florida are best for enjoyable vacation.
Best Beaches in Florida:
Brazil with its strikingly beautiful landscapes, tropical weather and sandy beach stretches, attracts tourists and travelers from across the world. Other Brazil tourist attractions include beautiful waterfalls, wetlands and spectacular animal species. Enjoy jungle safaris to the Amazon rainforest home to numerous tribes who live in complete isolation from the world and delight tourists who visit the place from different corners of the world.
Romantic couples across the globe often opt for best honeymoon destinations in India to execute their post nuptial vacation. Often they take the professional guide from professional tour operators, when the couples plan to book a tour package for any serene Indian honeymoon destination. A variety of tour packages are offered by celebrated tour companies all throughout India.
Planning a honeymoon is a major issue especially when couples and families are busy with making wedding arrangements. That is where Travour.com comes in. Check out some of the most popular world honeymoon destinations.
Italy has some of the most romantic honeymoon destinations in the world. The old world charm and heritable lineage creates romance. Couples tour places such as Lakes, Tuscany , Amalfi coast, Locarno, Orte, Pisa, Siena, Positano and more.
The best honeymoon destination for newlyweds. Travour.com offers package tours for luxury Nile cruises, Romantic rail tours, and special tours to Athens, Mykonos, Sparta and other popular destinations. Mystra, Pyramids, Lindos, Mount Athos are very popular with tourists ad honeymoon couples on holidays.
Mexico attracts visitors from across the world all year through. The colorful local traditions and amazing cuisine is perfect for a couple wanting to enjoy and fun filled honeymoon. Mexico is known for Aztecs, Corona beer and fancy holiday beach resorts.
Every couple dreams of a romantic French honeymoon, especially in Paris. There is a lot to see in Acapulco; Guanajuato; Cozumel; and other attractive destinations.
Other popular world destinations for exciting Honeymoon holidays are Bermuda; India; Thailand; Maui and Indian.
Chinese New Year is a Lunar New Year, which doesn’t come on a fixed day or date, like the general New Year, which is celebrated around the world. Infact, depending on the position of the moon, it keeps changing its arrival, and come somewhere between last week of January to first week of February. The occasion is the Spring Festival, when the people of China, or any country or place having similar traditions, celebrate the arrival of flowery spring and bid adieu to the cold winters. This year, it starts from 23rd of January to 2nd February, and the mainland China observes a public holiday of 7 days.
To explore the real charm, fun and authenticity of the festival, you must take a visit to one of the Chinese cities or those regions around the world, which celebrate the Chinese New Year because of their huge Chinese population and traditions. So take a trip to these popular places during the season, and provide yourself an amazing time.
The main capital city of China, is a colorful and lively place during the festive days. Here you can see, families celebrating in unity, having delicious meals, decorating their houses and distributing gifts. In Beijing, one of the best things to observe during festivities, is the grand Temple Fair, where people gather together to share the joy of the spring. You can also enjoy the various other spring carnivals, tea culture displays in the markets, acrobatic shows, Peking Opera, and many traditional events, which gives a very delightful and ethnic charm of the country.
- Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a very important administrative hub of China, which celebrates the New Year with as much fervor as any other Chinese district or area. The magnificent firework display at the Victoria Harbor is the best part of the festival, while the night flower markets and New Year parades entertain you to the core. The various attractions like performances, dragon dance, lion dance and so on can be experienced in the parades. You can also enjoy a horse racing show in Hong Kong, while shopping and praying would also be a part of the festivities. A Hong Kong trip during Chinese New Year will give you a very traditional glance at the country.
In south east Asia, Singapore also, you can have a blast during Chinese New Year. The cultural values and traditions of the country is quite similar to China, while many Chinese people also live in Singapore, which makes it a hot spot during the festive season. The main Chinatown area of Singapore arranges for a whole festive street bazaar, and many activities , like the lion dance, make the entertainment promising. Singapore also organize the popular Chingay Parade, which is full of Chinese traditions and performances. If you plan to visit Singapore for the Chinese New Year, you may get lucky and see the Fire Party, and traveling dance competition, like last year’s celebration.
Though Mauritius doesn’t have a very huge Chinese population, the Lunar New Year celebrations in the country is as grand as any other place. The country observes a public holiday during this time and you will see exquisite red and gold decorations in the houses during the festival. Port Louis beach is the main spot to enjoy the New Year celebrations, where you can see many grand activities, including the dragon dance. Mauritius also celebrates the day with traditional cuisine like honey cakes, fish salad, prawns etc and illuminate the houses with lanterns on the concluding day of the entire festival, known as The Lantern Festival.
Besides the main Chinese lands and similar cultures, the Lunar New Year is celebrated in some parts of US and UK also, though Sydney, the capital city of Australia, organizes a grand ball during the occasion, for its huge Chinese population. Every aspect of the festival, including the street market, food stalls, Chinese opera performances, dragon dance and boat races, and parades showcasing Chinese, Vietnamese and Korean dances, all can be enjoyed in Sydney, during Chinese New Year.
Any of these places can be an ideal travel destination during this vibrant festival, where you can enjoy something unique and cherish the memories for a lifetime.
For the travel enthusiasts and all those who have a penchant for exploring new lands, the New Year brings a lot of options to quench this thirst of witnessing various travel destinations , which are culturally and socially diverse, as with changing time and with every coming year, these places improve or introduce many things, that draws a lot of tourist attention towards them.
This coming year, 2012, visit these amazing destinations, who have something or other to lure tourists. Here are few of these best tourist destinations, which have earned the subtitle of “must visit”.
A place where music, art and romance are literally in the air, Venice is a travel destination where you can experience a romantic escape with your beloved or an exciting sojourn in the land of mysterious alleys and historical structures. The beautiful bridges and canals, and the interesting Gondola rides would charm you as much as the architecture and buildings, reminding one of an old world charm. From fashion to food, from aestheticism to people, Venice will be a pure delight to any traveler with best provisions for its tourists.
The enthralling landscapes, a charming countryside, the regal castles and buildings and a modern day city equipped with all kind of amenities, what is not there in Scotland for a tourist. This coming year, collect some wonderful memories by a trip to Glasgow. This place will provide you the magic of ballets, balls and operas in its classic castles and some brilliant sport matches in its auditoriums. Get acquainted with a unique culture in Scotland while meeting the warmest of the people in the world and eating some of the best recipes.
London is a travel, commercial, and political hub. All in one this brilliant city in United Kingdom has everything to offer to its tourists. Though the city is getting prepared for the 2012 Football Olympics, the rest of its attractions are as untainted as a painting. Traveling through the Tube, and watching the splendor of the Thames, the Tower Bridge, various other buildings and Museums, will give you an experience of London, that is authentic to its identity. The south east London, Greenwich is a phenomenal place to explore the royal cadence of the entire city and the Baroque architecture will completely stun you. Buy the best fashion brands, eat the best food and experience the lap of luxury in London.
Hong Kong, China
Whether you are on a look out for amazing architecture, or historical traces, for food or fun, for technology or for travel, China is a complete package. Emerging as one of the best economies in the world, China caters to all kind of tourists, and its popular cities are culturally rich and unique, like Hong Long. The city has beautiful skyscrapers as well as rustic villages, it entertains you through various casinos and bars, and tend to your arty spirit through its music, architecture, and literature. The Chinese cuisine has reached the entire world but do not miss out on an original experience.
Las Vegas, Nevada
The first thing we come up with, on hearing Vegas, is the casinos, and that is indeed the USP of this US city. The crowded streets and the hovering buildings have a charm of their own, as here lies a culture of the fast and furious lifestyle. Watch the central hub of the show business, and enjoy various entertainment shows here. The Sin City is an absolute escape from the mundane life that we live regularly, so take a break and give a shot to Vegas.
The land of Diversity and one of the most emerging economies of the world, India’s commercial hub Bangalore, is a popular tourist attraction and with coming years and passage of time, adopting so many things for the comfort of people from all around the world. The popular place for most of the concerts, and arty dos, Bangalore welcomes the tourists in its grand malls, bars and through a raving nightlife. Enjoy the delicious food in the city, and explore the Indian charm in Bangalore while traveling through the high speed metro train.
Spain is the world’s best port country, and Cadiz is its best tourist city, with amazing architectural sights in almost every plaza, the ancient ruins and towers singing of a unique culture, the ports and beaches having a life of their own and the food that you cannot find anywhere else. Though the town is slow and quiet, and reminds you of a historical time and an ancient place, it lightens up and shines brilliantly in the February Carnival, when the whole town is busy in drinking, singing and dancing. The place provides a tourist an absolute Andalusian feel.
Queenstown, New Zealand
Though the entire country is a popular tourist destination, despite of its biting cold, the Southern town of Queensland is a favorite amongst many people because of its brilliant lakes. The mountains, lakes and parks, all provide such charming sight and exciting adventure sports for any one with a daring heart that one trip doesn’t seem satisfactory. The lake Wanaka and Te Anau are the most populated regions during tourists incoming , a time when the snow peaks and mountains are crowded with people indulging in skiing and snow golfing. The charming locales have made this lake town, one of the most desirable places to visit in 2012.
All these brilliant destinations provide a unique charm, each different from another. Make your travel plans and have a best travel experience in the 2012.
Though Christmas celebrations have become commercialized over the years, we still like to reminisce the past and get lost in the old world charm of Christmas. A visit to some popular Europe destinations will transport you back in the past and also give you an education in European culture and tradition.
- Traditional Christmas Celebrations in Italy
Tuscany is the city where you to be, if you have to celebrate Christmas the traditional way in Italy. Here Christmas is in the air from the second week of December. It is on December 8 that the Italians begin their Christmas celebrations in Italy. The Feast of the Immaculate Conception in Tuscany is a holiday and is marked by several events arranged by the people and the government authorities in different parts of the city.
The Equi Terme caves are also popular for their native Christmas celebrations. The locals here create several objects making good use of their art and craft skills. These objects can also be purchased by visitors who buy them as gifts for families back home.
- Traditional Christmas Celebrations in Germany
If you are an avid shopper, try the lanes and by-lanes of the German cities to quench your shopping needs during Christmas time. Unlike many other places where prices of objects in shops rise due to the large number of visitors and enthusiastic shoppers, Germany is a country where you can avail the best bargains in shopping during Christmas time. There are traditional fairs which are arranged across the green fields of Germany. These fairs have the same arrangements which were seen in the 14th century and hence are not only a fun visit but also a learning tour of the German history and culture. German markets are a must visit if you are on a Europe Christmas vacation.
- Traditional Christmas Celebrations in Switzerland
Christmas in Switzerland is all about snow and skiing on the Swiss Alps. But do you want to experience something different in Switzerland at Christmas time? Travel to the border area of Germany and France and sit on the banks of the river Rhine in Basel to see the beautiful Christmas lights lighten your mood. The Basel area reportedly has the longest illuminated street in Europe at Christmas time. The Swiss traditional art & crafts are an added attraction for Christmas visitors in Switzerland. The Christmas season in Switzerland starts by the end of November, when the festivity can already be felt in the air.
- Traditional Christmas Celebrations in Austria
The one reason why we remember Austria during Christmas time is for the carol ‘Silent Night’. This famous carol comes from Austria and has been our favorite since our childhood days.
- Traditional Christmas Celebrations in France
Christmas celebrations in the most fashionable country of the world would be a very good idea, and everyone would agree with me, wouldn’t they? A midnight mass is one of the chief attractions of France during Christmas time. The concept of a Midnight Mass has existed in Europe’s fashion country since time immemorial and getting the opportunity to watch this mass is an achievement in itself. The mass is an integral part of France’s history and tradition.
- Traditional Christmas Celebrations in UK
Visit Ireland if you are on a visit to UK at Christmas time. The candle-lighting ceremony in Ireland churches at Christmas Eve. This tradition is followed by downing some of the best available wines in the country liquor shops. Lights and Santa Claus are also an integral part of the Irish Christmas.
Attractive Christmas Discounts
Christmas is the time for vacation, shopping, good food, and with all of this comes the most attractive discounts of the year. There are several tourism operators who arrange the best discounts for those who love a budget holiday, and even for those who do not! Keep a check on online information for Christmas discounts and avail them to enjoy the cheapest but the best Europe Christmas holiday ever. Here are some such discount packages that you can check out before the Christmas season 2011.
European tour operators Globusjourneys, who have been in the business of providing the best holiday packages to people for more than 80 years now, will take you on European Christmas tours to the best countries in the continent’s heartland. These tours not only introduce you to the best sights of Europe, but also teach you much about the countries’ cultures and local practices. Here are some packages that you can choose from if you wish to travel to these Europe locales for a 2011 Christmas holiday:
- Christmas Package in Austria & Bavaria
7 days travel from Munich to Vienna (package starts from $1,229 excluding all airfare for trips from the US or any other country)
You can spend time in the cities of Munich, Salzbur and Vienna in this tour package and enjoy the special Christmas events here.
- Christmas Package in Munich and Eastern Europe
9 days travel from Munich to Vienna (package starts from $1,349 excluding airfare)
Travel to historic locations of Prague, Vienna and Budapest as part of the tour and learn more about the countries’ culture with help from a local guide arranged by the tour operators.
- Christmas Package in Paris and London
9 days travel from Paris to London (package starts at $1,699 without airfare)
There is nothing better than spending Christmas and New Year in the world’s most happening locales, Paris and London. Spend the Christmas day in fashion roaming the streets of Paris and dining on the wonderful cuisine of plush restaurants. A New Year’s Eve celebration in London is a treat to the eyes and the senses.
Why is Christmas Best in Europe?
Have you ever asked yourself the question why people love to spend Christmas in Europe? It is true that Europe is home to countries which have a perfect blend of the old-world charm with modernity. Europe is also the home of the some of the best cuisine in the world. But there are also several other reasons for Europe becoming the preferred holiday destination during Christmas for people from all over the world. Some of them are:
- The tour operators in Europe make special arrangements to cater to the needs of visitors from other continents of the world, in terms of food and other facilities.
- Every tour operator makes sure that the tourists can be on a holiday to a particular place when a special Christmas event is being held there so that tourists may enjoy not only sights but also cultural exhibitions.
- Hotels in all places across Europe are known for their good services and boarder-friendly behavior.
- Europe has several snow covered regions; for many, Christmas is nothing if there is no snow!
Christmas is that time of year when the whole world makes merry, has fun in the midst of light, firecrackers, snow, shopping and of course Santa Claus. Dallas, one of the largest cities in the US is also no exception to this rule. The Christmas celebrations in this American city are carried out with much fanfare and activities that reflect the tradition and culture of the American state of Texas. Over the past couple of years, the Dallas Christmas light tours have become one of the chief ways to holiday in this prominent city of the US. Tour operators arrange short and long trips to this American city in weeks preceding and following Christmas. Large numbers of tourists throng the Dallas heartland during the winter vacation to enjoy the light tours and the other sightseeing areas of the city.
Christmas Light Tour Arrangements in Dallas
You can travel on your own in Dallas and take in the beautiful surroundings or can avail the services of any tour operator or travel agent to make your travel program easy and relaxed. After you reach Dallas, you can choose to use the services of car operators in this city so as to ensure a smooth ride as you browse through the tourist sites in Dallas, shop for special objects at discounted rates in Dallas shops, eat at the best restaurants and enjoy watching the lights and fireworks of Dallas. Here are some car services that you can partake during your Christmas holiday in Dallas.
- The ECS Nationwide – ECS Nationwide is one of the most renowned car service providers in Texas. This executive car service provider will give you your choice of car for touring the beautiful city of Dallas. The limousine service is by far the most popular among tourists in Dallas who come to watch the beautiful lights and the decorations of the city at Christmas time. Your limousine will take you to the Dallas Fort where the Christmas lights are at its best in this American city. The ECS Nationwide always pledges for the best car services on Christmas light tours in Dallas so that you take home the loveliest memories of your winter vacation and return to Dallas each year to celebrate December 25 and the New Year. The limousines take you on a tour to the principal tourist sites in Dallas – the Highland Park, the Dallas Arboretum, the Deer Field of Plano, the Neiman Marcus Building and the Old City Park. The light decorations at these sights are world famous and will indeed keep you dumbfounded!
The Grand Prairie region of Texas is another area that you can cover on your limousine journey. The Prairie Lights Holiday is a spectacular display of lights that you must not miss if you are on a Christmas holiday in Dallas.
If you are on a long trip to Dallas, you can also opt for a halt at the Whistle Stop Christmas fest at the Hulen Park area of Cleburne in Texas. This park, though situated in the outskirts of Dallas, is a must visit to see the wonderful display of more than 3 million lights within one area. Sitting in the comfort of your limousine, the Dallas Christmas light tours are indeed an experience of a lifetime!
- The Angel Christmas Lights Limo – this limousine service in Dallas offers transportation facilities to the Dallas Fort area and the nearby tourist sites in the city. The lights near the Dallas Fort area are not only some of the most spectacular, they are also the most gorgeous, considering that this part of Dallas is the most happening part of the city. There are several opportunities to delve in the colorful nightlife of Dallas if you have opted to use the services of the Angel Christmas Lights Limo. The stretch limousines offered by this car service provider take passengers ranging from 2 to above 20. So you can travel as a couple, or in a group of friends or family. Moreover these limos come equipped with a bar that stocks the best soft drinks available. Do you want to travel in a larger group? Avail the services of the limo bus offered by the Angel Christmas Lights. Travel to the Spring Park in the Richardson area of Dallas, or the Sundance Square in Fort Worth, or Interlochen in Arlington, watch the shining Christmas lights in these places and enjoy a lovely Christmas!
Places You Must Visit on Dallas Christmas Light Tours
Here are a few places that you must travel to when you visit Dallas in the Christmas vacation. The lights and the decorations in these places will surely catch your eye and inspire you to return to Dallas the next year Christmas.
- Kessler Neighborhood Park – this site located in the popular Oak Cliff area of Dallas is a must visit place when you are on your Christmas vacation in Texas. This place is easy to reach considering that it is located near to the Methodist Central Hospital of Dallas. Here you will find the best decorations in the form of lights on the roofs of houses, lights on the well decorated Christmas trees and lights planted all along the neighboring streets.
- Highland Park – this area is very easy to reach from different parts of Texas considering that it is flanked by Tollway on the west, Mockingbird on the north, Preston on the east and Armstrong on the south. The local community in Highland Park starts Christmas decorations from the month of November. The trees and houses lining the entire stretch of 20 blocks in Highland Park are decorated with thousands of lights. You can avail the services of a carriage in the Beverly area of Highland Park to take a romantic ride with your loved one by your side, as you take in the beautiful decorations of the surrounding village.
- Christmas in the Square – a trip to the Square will not only help you to enjoy the lights and decorations of Dallas, it will also remain etched in your memory as an adventure trip for a family of young and old. Several special Christmas events are hosted at this Dallas Square. Visit the Square in the weekends before and after Christmas to have fun as you watch more than 1 lakh lights twinkling and shining to the accompaniment of music. Musical performances are the chief attraction for tourists on a Dallas Christmas trip to this Square. This Square has the largest choreographed Christmas lights in Dallas.
- Deerfield – Deerfield is one of the most decorated places that you will come across during your Christmas holiday in Dallas. According to reports in history, it was the urge among the residents of this place to sell their houses that gave birth to the tradition of the beautiful Christmas lights used here. Today, Deerfield is known more for its houses than its surroundings. The reports claim that since the prices of houses were too high to be sold to common people, the residents decided to decorate them with lights to attract buyers. Since then Deerfield houses have been popular in the US and the tradition of decorating these houses with lights during Christmas and other festivals has caught on.
- Interlochen – this small neighborhood of North Arlington also attracts quite a large number of visitors during the Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year celebrations. A survey showed that more than 40,000 people travel to Interlochen to spend the winter vacation; only in order to take in the colorful display of light and fireworks. However, being only a small part of the Dallas Christmas tour, Interlochen is often given a miss by tourists who are more interested in travelling to the popular parts of Dallas and Texas. As a result, the Interlochen government authorities often suffer from a lack of money to arrange lavish decorations in Christmas time. The residents often have to spend a bulk amount from their own funds to make the celebrations a success by introducing more lights and other forms of decoration.
- Special Dallas Christmas Light Tours – the year 2011 will see special Christmas light tours arranged in some parts of the city. For instance, there are plans by a unit called the Farmers Branch of Dallas to inaugurate the Christmas Tour of Lights in the Valley View and Interstate 35 regions of Dallas. More than 300,000 lights will be used for decoration along the roads leading from these sites, claim reports. A parade will also be organized starting from the two points. You can participate in the parade and also take part in the festivities without having to spend a single penny from your own pocket. However, donations to the Farmers Branch are always encouraged, considering that these small places in Dallas do not have sufficient funds to compete with the Christmas celebrations of the commercial centers of Dallas.