Holiday season in North Dakota means lots of events and activities for the individuals. As the month of December arrives, preparations start for Christmas. One of the most important traditions of this festival is Julebukking, which has a Norwegian origin. There are different versions of celebrating this tradition, which is done between Christmas Day and New Year Day. However, the main aim is to keep the festive tradition alive. If you are visiting this place in this festive season, you can enjoy the different events that are conducted in different areas.
Yuletide events in Bismarck
This place in North Dakota is where most of the events related to this festival are organized. During Yule, you must not miss out these events at any cost. The dazzling display of lights in the beautiful parks, to the tradition of dance events, you can enjoy a varied range of celebrations here. Some of the popular ones are listed below:
- State Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Display of Holiday Lights in Sertoma Park
- Ballet Concert- The Nutcracker
Yule Celebrations in Fargo
Just like Bismarck, you will find many events in Fargo, which will help you to get into the revelry of Yule. A few of them have been mentioned in here:
- Dakota Air: The Radio Show & The Christmas Show (A live Yule variety show with local history, comedy and music)
- It's a Wonderful Life (A drama in the Fargo-Moorhead Community Theater, which celebrates the faith of this season)
- Santa Fly-In in Fargo Air Museum (Santa will fly in weekly through Yule)
You can also visit other Christmas vacation destinations in North Dakota which include Hazen, Grand Forks, Medora, Minot, Harvey, et al and soak in the festivity of the holiday season.